Estate planning and estate administration are important matters that every family needs to understand. Good estate planning is critical because it enables you to make sound financial and health care choices and protect your family from future problems. Probate and estate administration resolves issues and answers questions that need to be dealt with in the present.
At Godbey & Associates, our attorneys are highly skilled in both aspects of estate law. We can help you and your family gain peace of mind through proactive planning and careful resolution of all types of estate matters after a loved one has passed away.
Protect Your Family and Preserve Your Legacy With Strategic Estate Planning
Our attorneys are fluent in the language of estate planning. We assist our clients in developing strategic plans that help them avoid unnecessary taxes, prevent family conflicts and establish clear directives regarding their finances, their health and their dependents. Our services include:
- Creation of wills and other critical estate documents
- Review of wills and documents to make sure they are up to date
- Establishment of trusts for loved ones and important causes
- Powers of attorney, living wills and health care powers of attorney
- Business succession planning for family businesses and closely held companies
Every family's situation is different. We can advise you on how to most practically and effectively plan your estate.
Administer an Estate in a Timely Manner With a Knowledgeable Probate Attorney
If you are an executor or administrator of the estate of a relative, the process can be very confusing and time consuming. We are familiar with the rules of procedure for all local probate courts, and will help you understand the process and get the estate resolved as quickly as possible.
- Full estate administration
- Relief from administration and summary administration
- How to admit a will to probate court
- How to apply to be executor or administrator
Resolve Probate and Estate Challenges With an Experienced Lawyer
The passing of a loved one can be a very difficult emotional experience. It can also present family conflicts and legal challenges that require the help of a skilled attorney. At Godbey & Associates, we represent individuals, families and estates in administration matters, including:
- Probate litigation to resolve disputes and settle estates
- Will contests and inheritance disputes that require legal intervention
- Appointment and removal of executors
- Guardianships, conservatorships and adoptions
With important relationships and resources involved, it is important to have highly experienced legal representation in probate and estate administration cases. We can answer your questions and help you understand your legal rights and options.
Contact a Cincinnati Wills and Probate Lawyer
If you are seeking the advice of a knowledgeable probate and estate planning attorney in Ohio, contact Godbey & Associates to speak to one of our lawyers.